Commercial Insurance

While opting out of commercial insurance coverage may seem like a way to save money, doing so is an extreme risk to your business welfare and could land you in some very expensive trouble. Finding the right protection to ensure you’re covered can seem overwhelming, but we’re here to help you do it! Our commercial policy experts take the time to get to know every aspect of your company in order to evaluate how to best meet your unique coverage needs. We also consider external factors like location and industry-specific risks to ensure your policy is tailored to you specifically. We’re in the business of helping you succeed!

Standard Coverage

General Liability Insurance

Also known as business liability insurance, this is your first line of defense as a business owner. General liability insurance covers many common risks faced by any kind of business such as personal and advertising injury, bodily injury or property damage, and medical payments. However, a general liability policy does exclude certain things, and therefore is best combined with specialized coverage depending on the nature of your operation. Shield yourself from an unfortunate customer injury lawsuit or product liability dispute, by speaking with your Finlan agent about a customized policy today! 

Business Owner’s Policy

A Business Owner’s Policy (BOP) is an insurance bundle that combines protection against all major property and liability risks including business interruption, injury, or damage as a result of defective products or negligent business operations. Since BOPs do not cover auto insurance, worker’s compensation, or health and disability, we recommend considering additional policies for optimized commercial coverage for your business. Let us find your perfect business owner’s package – we’ll evaluate our carrier’s options and suggest a plan that fits your specific needs.

Worker’s Compensation

This type of insurance is required if you have W2 employees, and compliance is heavily enforced. In the event that one of your employees is injured on the job, worker’s compensation provides them with wage replacement and medical benefits in order to protect you from any ensuing claims or suits. Failure to carry this type of policy can have adverse effects on your business, including liability to injured workers, and penalties or jail time for violating the law. If your organization’s insurance policies don’t include worker’s compensation, it’s imperative that you purchase coverage as soon as possible. Have questions about a new or existing worker’s compensation policy? Contact us, our team is happy to assist.


Commercial Property

Whether you own or rent your office building, commercial property insurance can help you stay in business in the event of a major loss to your building, by reimbursing you for damages caused by a loss specified in your policy.  This can cover lost inventory, machines, equipment, and damage done to the building itself. Plus, while this type of coverage is not legally required, most lenders will want you to have it before they hand you funding. It’s impossible to predict what sort of mishaps could occur, so make sure you’re prepared for them all with a commercial property policy from Finlan.

Builders Risk

If you are building a new structure or renovating your current space, builders risk coverage can help you avoid responsibility for any damages that occur during construction. Depending on the policy, it could cover materials both on-site and in-transport, in addition to the structure in-progress. Remodeling and installation is a risky undertaking, make sure your interests are protected by getting your project covered now.

Dwellings for 5 or More

Dwellings for 5 or more insurance policies are used to cover homes in which the residents are tenants rather than owners. If you are a landlord, having a dwellings policy can protect you from paying out of pocket due to loss of rent, medical payments for injuries in the home, and interior damage. As a property manager, you have major investments on the line, so protecting yourself, and your assets from loss is essential. Want to get started on your new dwellings policy? We can guide you towards coverage that fits your specific needs. 


Product Liability

Whether you make or re-sell products in your inventory, having a product liability policy can protect you in the event of related legal issues. This spans everything from a faulty product to a third-party’s improper use of your product. Regardless of whether you’re a retailer, wholesaler, or distributor, purchasing PL coverage is essential to protecting yourself from being held responsible for your product’s design, manufacturing, or marketing defects. Even if you employ strict quality guidelines, sometimes things just happen. Avoid being held liable for product faults or misuse with coverage from Finlan. Get your quote today!

Professional Liability

Also known as “errors and omissions”, professional liability policies cover legal action that arise from direct harm caused by your professional services. If your company works one-on-one with clients, this kind of insurance is strongly encouraged. Keep in mind that it only extends to liabilities written on your policy and does not include criminal prosecution cases. Our trusted carriers offer numerous coverage options that protect you from liability regarding your business’ services – let us find one that works for you! We’ll take all your needs into account and match you with a policy that has you covered in all scenarios.


Commercial Auto Insurance

Due to the higher risk associated with commercial vehicles like limousines and utility trucks, commercial auto policies are designed to provide a larger range of coverage such as bodily injury, property damage, and collision repair. You wouldn’t take to the streets in your personal car without the proper coverage, so make sure your business vehicle is similarly protected. When searching for the right policy for your purposes, our agents make it hassle-free. Contact us today to get affordable commercial auto coverage that ensures you and your team are protected.

Hired and Non-Owned Liability

Hired and non-owned liability insurance can help you pay for damages caused to vehicles used by your employees that are not owned by your business. These policies generally include reimbursement for accidents caused while using a leased, rental, or employee-owned vehicle. However, it does not cover any damages incurred during your staff’s commutes. The road can be dangerous, make sure you’re prepared for whatever lies ahead with a non-owned liability policy from Finlan.

Trucking Liability

A trucking liability policy protects 1-5 units from potential hazards while transporting and handling cargo. It covers accidents in parking lots, rest stops, while loading or unloading, and personal injuries as a result of a trucking accident. Note that this type of coverage is required by state and federal agencies, and annual filing is needed to prove compliance. Our agents can find a trucking liability policy that meets your organization’s needs, help you with your filing, and more! We’re more than happy to assist.


Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)

A Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) policy puts the majority of decisions for a patient’s care plan into the hands of a primary care provider (PCP). This means that in the event an employee wishes to see a specialist for any reason, they will need a referral from their primary doctor. Since treatment is recommended or prescribed by a professional, an HMO plan is significantly more cost-effective as it presents lower risk. Give your staff lower out-of-pocket medical costs with an HMO plan. Get started by receiving your quote now.

Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)

A Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) health plan grants your employees more flexibility when it comes to their medical care, allowing them to see any in-network healthcare provider without a referral. However, since the patient is given the freedom to decide the course of their treatment, a PPO tends to be costlier than an HMO due to added risk. If you have staff members that require specialist services, a PPO is definitely a better option, as it gives them more freedom of choice when it comes to managing their care.

Short-Term Disability

With a short-term disability policy, an employee injured in a work-related or unrelated accident will receive a portion of their base salary (usually 60-70%) for up to 3-6 months. A staff member eligible for short-term disability will receive money from their policy after a waiting period, which usually lasts no longer than 14 days. Offering this type of coverage will help attract and retain valuable employees at a minimal cost to you – making it a worthwhile investment for your organization. Show your staff you have their back by exploring short-term disability plans with your Finlan representative today. 

Long-Term Disability  

Long-term disability kicks in when the time limit for short-term disability is exceeded, and some plans continue to pay out until the typical retirement age (65). Providing your employees with a long-term disability plan is a great benefit that provides those who are injured and unable to work with a better quality of life, as well as the security of knowing they’re taken care of in the event an accident should occur. Learn about our long-term disability policy options today, we’d be thrilled to help you choose a plan that works for your organization’s needs and budget.


Umbrella Liability

Umbrella liability insurance policies provide protection against catastrophic losses, and are highly recommended for companies at particular risk for third-party liability. When your underlying commercial policies have reached their claim limits, an umbrella policy acts as a safety net to cover the difference. It also covers things excluded from general liability policies like overseas claims, and can provide up to $1 million in coverage while costing you less than $1,000 a year. Protect your bottom line by talking to your Finlan representative about an Umbrella policy for your business today. 

Excess Liability

While the terms “excess liability” and “umbrella liability” are often used interchangeably, there are some notable differences. While an umbrella policy extends to claims not included in your general policy, an excess package does not. Rather, it simply raises the claim limits of your underlying coverage. This is a great option if you’re interested in an umbrella-type policy but are looking for a more cost-effective premium.

Specialty Coverage

Liquor Liability

If you own a restaurant or bar that serves or produces alcoholic beverages, a liquor liability policy is imperative to protecting your establishment. It protects you from being held accountable for bodily injury or property damage caused by an intoxicated person who was served alcoholic beverages by your establishment. Bear in mind that depending on your location, this kind of coverage may be required by law. However, even if it’s not required, it’s an important investment to make as situations involving alcohol present a greater risk. Avoid being held responsible for your patron’s actions while intoxicated – you can’t control their behavior, but you can protect yourself. 

Foreign Liability

For organizations who conduct any sort of business operations abroad, a foreign liability package is essential to protecting your assets and employees that are permanently stationed outside of the United States. This specialty coverage can include policies like foreign business auto insurance, worker’s compensation, travel assistance, and more. Running foreign operations comes with potential risks, ensure you’re protected against foreign worker’s compensation, foreign commercial auto liability, and more with coverage from Finlan.

Crime Liability

Crime liability is designed to protect businesses from losses due to third-party or employee criminal acts, both on and off the premises. For example, if your building is vandalized or company funds, property, or product is stolen, you can be reimbursed for the damages. This coverage is strongly recommended for small business owners, as recovering from crime damages on your own can be costly and time-consuming. Crime liability can be purchased as a stand-alone policy or added to your general commercial liability to create comprehensive coverage. Even if your business is located in a low-crime area, making sure you’re covered in the event of delinquent behavior is imperative. It’s better to be safe, then to pay the damages out of pocket!

Cyber Liability

In the largely digital world of today, having a well-maintained website and social media presence, as well as providing the ability to purchase your products or services online are all imperative to ensuring your organization’s ability to attract consumers to your brand. Although, the Internet can be quite a hazardous place, as issues can arise from online content that’s perceived as damaging to a person or entity, property exposures such as computer fraud, loss of transferred funds, and cyber extortion. A cyber liability policy is key to protecting you from legal liability and financial responsibility in an event such as these. According to statistics, more than 43 percent of cyber attacks target small businesses. Avoid becoming a statistic by contacting Finlan about a cyber liability policy for your business now.

Data Liability

Data liability is essential for companies that maintain customer or consumer data such as credit card information, social security numbers, or contact information. In the event of loss, corruption, inability to access, or misuse of sensitive data, this kind of coverage can protect you against legal responsibility. Depending on the policy terms, data liability can cover the costs of identity protection solutions, public relations and legal fees. Create an airtight safety net for you and your client’s private information, by exploring your data liability coverage options with your Finlan agent.

Environmental Liability

If your business operations have the potential to negatively impact the environment, your typical liability and property insurance packages won’t protect you from liability. In the event of an accident such as toxic waste spills, an environmental liability policy can cover clean-up costs, third-party bodily injury and property damage claims, and legal expenses. While it may seem like this type of policy is geared toward high-risk manufacturers, it’s actually a necessity for businesses of all sizes. Any sort of operation that uses any chemicals that are unsafe for the environment should invest in this type of coverage. Some examples include dry cleaners, hair salons, mechanics, or any companies that use herbicide or fertilizer. 

Contact Us For A Quote Get Quote